Ibraheem AljedieaJohns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare, Saudi Arabia
Title: JHAH experience of Radiology Technologists performing peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) single center experience
We conducted this study to review our local experience performing peripherally inserted central catheters by interventional radiology technologists. Material and methods: This is a retrospective study of peripherally inserted central catheters performed by interventional radiology technologists. These procedures were performed using ultrasound guidance for venous puncture and fluoroscopy or electrocardiography guidance followed by Chest X-ray to confirm tip location Results: We reviewed all peripherally inserted central catheters performed in interventional radiology between May 2017 and July 2020. The review process included the success rate, number of venous puncture attempts, method of guidance, procedure time, fluoroscopy time, catheter duration to removal, and complications
Conclusion: Interventional radiology technologists can safely perform peripherally inserted central catheters with a high success rate. Extending Interventional radiology technologists' role to perform peripherally inserted central catheters allows interventional radiologists to do more complex procedures. This enhances the workflow, increases the interventional radiology team efficiency, and improves the waiting time.
More than 25 invitations as a speaker at conferences. In radiology and interventional radiology, designed and participated in 8 interventional radiology courses for technologists. (2011-2013)
Education and clinical experience:
Interventional radiology technologist with more than 23 years of experience. Graduated in 1999 from King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia,
With a BSc degree in radiology science. Master's degree in healthcare administration, Phoenix University, Arizona, the United States of America. In 2011.
Privileged PICC and Peritoneal Drainage technologists in Johns Hopkins Aramco health care since 2017
• Senior interventional radiology technologist, Johns Hopkins Aramco, Dhahran Health Center 2017-current
• Senior interventional radiology technologist, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran Health Center 2005-2017
• Interventional radiology technologist, King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Riyadh 1999-2005
• Jediea, I, Y. (2012). Demand and Supply In radiology. Arab Health imaging and diagnostic magazine, issue 1, 26-28
• Jediea, I, Y. (2011). Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Past, Current, and Future. Arab Health imaging and diagnostic magazine, issue 4, 28-29
• Aljediea, I., et al. "Radiology Technologists Performing Peritoneal Drainage, Local Experience." The Arab Journal of Interventional Radiology (2022).
• Aljediea, I., et al. "Experience of Radiology Technologists Performing Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC)." The Arab Journal of Interventional Radiology 5.02 (2021): 088-092.
• Interventional Radiology guide for technologists
• PICC line guide for technologists